1. Cannonball Run Europe is not a road race.
Teams are not expected (or permitted) to break any road traffic laws.
2. Cannonball Run is made up of a number of Missions, usually one, sometimes two, per day. Some, but not all, of your Missions will be timed
At the start of each Mission, you will be given a Mission Pack containing all relevant details, including Destination and whether the Mission is being timed. You may drive any route you wish to reach the Destination Checkpoint.
3. Unless stated otherwise beforehand, your Start Time for any Mission is noted as the moment you are given your Mission Pack.
4. On timed Missions, we calculate your average speed based on a pre-determined set distance (clearly stated in your Mission Pack) and note the variance (+ or -) from 61 mph.
This variance, your standing, is updated with each timed stage. For example:
|Mission||Target MPH||Actual MPH||Varience||Standing|
The Team with the smallest variance at the end is the winner!
5. Unless otherwise stated, all Destination Checkpoints have designated Opening and Closing Times as indicated in the Mission Packs.
Teams arriving at a Destination Checkpoint after the designated Closing Time (or failing to obtain an official Checkpoint reading) will automatically be allocated the Official Closing Time for that Checkpoint.
Teams arriving before the designated Opening Time of any Destination Checkpoint will automatically be allocated the Official Opening Time for that Checkpoint.
There is no advantage to be gained by arriving early.
6. Loitering outside or near a Checkpoint to delay your time being recorded is against the rules and considered not to be in keeping with the spirit of the event, any Team found doing so may be disqualified from the competition.
7. It will not always be possible to achieve an exact average mileage of 61mph for every stage.
8. The stated mileage for each Mission is the one used for calculating average speeds.
No claims for variance against this mileage as recorded by the participant’s vehicles will be entertained.
9. You cannot win the event, or qualify for any timed awards, if you miss any of the Departure Checkpoints. This is classed as the driving team being present at the Checkpoint Desk between the Official Opening and Closing Times of that Checkpoint.
10. If you miss one of the departure checkouts this will disqualify you from winning the whole event but still allow you to win daily awards
11. To qualify for any stage, the driver of the vehicle at Checkpoint Departure and Checkpoint Arrival must be one designated to that vehicle at time of Registration.
12. Cannonball trophies are awarded to Stage Leaders at the end of each Timed Mission.
13. The winning Team at the end of Cannonball Run Europe 2019 will be the team with the least variance to 61mph
14. The decision of the Timings Manager and ultimately the Mission Director is final.